IMPORTANT: All of the mental health awareness event ideas below are remarkably customizable. Whether it’s a conference, college, or corporate, event, we will work with you to find a solution to achieve your goals. You choose from options below to create an awesome program for your event attendees.
It couldn’t be easier.
Transforming Stigma into StrengthTM
This is a compelling keynote presentation guaranteed to engage your audience.
- Mike’s story of how his anger, depression, anxiety, and obsessive compulsive disorder were both INDISPENSABLE and BENEFICIAL to a successful music career.
- A fresh way of looking at stigma & funding (they go hand in hand).
- Designed for adults and professionals in the workplace.
- The Stigma Cycle™: “Stigma starts with shame. Shame leads to silence. Silence leads to self-destructive behavior and suicide.” The process repeats and it becomes an endless, downward spiral.
- Transform shame through being proactive about taking care of yourself physically, mentally, and socially.
- Transform silence through keeping the subject of mental health in everyday conversation and in school.
- Transform self-destructive behavior (especially suicidal behavior) through consistently looking for teachable moments to help other people.
Transforming Stigma in YouthTM
As a variation on Transforming Stigma into StrengthTM, this energetic, entertaining, compelling and PG-13 program has been a source of MOTIVATION and SUICIDE PREVENTION for students throughout the world. It’s an abundance of simple and practical steps that at risk youth can take to transform self-destructive behavior – IMMEDIATELY. This program offers HOPE for students who are struggling with mental health challenges, behavioral health challenges, and self-destructive behavior.
Transforming Stigma in CollegeTM
Another variation on Transforming Stigma into StrengthTM, this program addresses the mental health challenges on college campuses. Students have to balance classes, professors, exams, papers, money, relationships, self-image, family, and the future, and lack of sleep. ANXIETY and DEPRESSION are some of the top concerns for college students. NOTE: There are more than 1,000 suicides on college campuses per year. This program offers practical tools to help students succeed.
Transforming Stigma into Support & SponsorshipsTM
Designed for organizations, this variation on Transforming Stigma into StrengthTM focuses exclusively on how to use the Transforming StigmaTM principles to raise more money and attract more volunteers to your cause. Attendees will learn about how to plan more effectively, develop consistent systems, how to cultivate mental health awareness event ideas, and attract corporate sponsors. Don’t miss this opportunity.
Unleash Your GrooveTM
This program is designed exclusively for youth.
- Belonging – Everyone has a yearning to belong to something. When you intentionally create an environment that facilitates belonging, it’s the first step to building trust among youth. They are empowered to do this through guidelines that teach them to RESPECT each other and embrace DIVERSITY.
- Bonding – Once youth feel a sense of belonging, they become open to bonding with each other. As humans, we have a deep desire to bond with other people – we need to connect with others. They are empowered to do this through guidelines that teach them how to WORK TOGETHER and BE HONEST with one another.
- Believing – Once youth genuinely bond with one another, they become open to believing – believing in themselves and something bigger than themselves. Believing leads to a profound sense of CONFIDENCE, SELF ESTEEM, MOTIVATION, & HEALTHY EXPRESSION.
Drum Up Your FeelingsTM
This program is designed exclusively as a leadership program for adults. Drumming creates a profound sense of energy with self and synergy others. That’s right, the simple act of having people gather in a circle and bang out a beat can be tremendously uniting, motivating, and downright FUN. Participants will learn simple music skills, rhythms, and how to work as a team. Most importantly, everyone will learn rhythms by repeating INCLUSIVE phrases out loud, such as, “I Feel Happy When I’m With Friends!” By the end of this session, participants will be able to perform a complex percussion rhythm as a group, perform an original percussion composition, and feel a stronger bond with participants. Lots of music will be made with percussion instruments. Participants will experience smiles, laughter, and excitement through interactive games.