See Mike in ActionMike Veny is America’s leading mental health speaker and a high energy corporate drumming event facilitator. He delivers educational, engaging, and entertaining presentations to meetings and conferences throughout the world. Mike gives you a fresh new perspective on transforming the stigma surrounding mental health.
Compelling Programs for Every AudienceMike combines his lifetime years as a person living with depression, anxiety, and obsessive compulsive disorder with his experiences as a musician and an entrepreneur. What sets Mike apart from other speakers is his authenticity and his straightforward, easy-to-understand tools that audience members can apply immediately. It’s that simple!
How to Find the Right Mental Health Speaker Fast!It's easy. Take this important first step. Ask the following questions to all of the speakers that you contact:
- What are the key takeaways from your presentation?
- What are some specific examples of how you engage your audience?
- What actions do audience members typically take after your presentations?
- What materials will you have for the audience?
- How will you be able to promote the event?
- What else can you offer to the event?
- How flexible are you with last minute changes?
7 Ways Investing in Your Speaker Pays for Itself:
- They will boost interest in your event and attendance. Even if the speaker isn't a name people recognize, their topic will be a catalyst for buzz around your event. This will make for increased registrations, vendors, and media exposure surrounding your event.
- They will add credibility to your event and organization. Therefore, it's important that you do everything in your power to promote your event and speaker. If you choose not to go with a quality speaker, it can have the opposite effect on your event and organization.
- They add value for the attendees. Whether it's their story of overcoming challenges with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc., or the tools they offer, the speaker you choose has the power to transform the lives of your attendees. In addition, the value a particular speaker brings to your event may be a reason to increase the cost of registration for your event.
- They will add to the value of future events. Investing in an amazing celebrity keynote speaker will set a new standard for your organization and it's events. After your event, your attendees will be excited and talking to their friends about it. This is the most powerful form of marketing future events.
- They engage audience members. A great speaker will provide the perfect balance of edutainment (education and entertainment). This why they are worth the the investment. Also, most mental health events have a reputation for being helpful and informative, but also boring.
- They will create social media buzz. A professional public speaker has a good understanding of how to promote themselves. Many have a large following on different social media platforms. This can help spread the word about your organization and your event.
- They will be valuable before your event. A celebrity speaker will be available for media interviews and meetings before your event. It's like having an extra PR team working on your event.
7 Tips to Maximize Your Speakers
- Review surveys and data from previous events. Use this information to identify trends, challenges, and the goals of your attendees. Through this process, you identify the type of mental health speakers that will be effective for your upcoming event and future events.
- Learn about different mental health speakers. Some speakers are professionals (psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers). Some have lived experience. Some have a combination of both. Some are good for stress management, overall health and wellness, while others can provide a unique answer to the question, "Why is mental health important?"
- Identify the top priorities of your event. What do you want your attendees to think, feel, believe, and DO after your event? Do you want a celebrity mental health speaker to drive registration? Do you want a speaker with lived experience who has had a successful recovery? Do you want a speaker that will help you with marketing your event?
- Reinforce the top priorities of your event. A simple and easy way to do this is to create a short video that discusses a brief history of your organization, the purpose of your event, the theme of your event, and some background on your audience. Schedule individual calls with each speaker and then a conference call with all of the stakeholders who will be a part of your event.
- Involve speakers in marketing your event. This can be done through social media and press releases. Not only will this help bring more exposure to your event, but it will improve mental health awareness.
- Bookend your keynote speakers. Start and your event with keynote speakers that will effectively reinforce your top priorities. It's great if your workshop speakers do this as well, but absolutely critical that your keynote speakers do this.
- Create systems and checklists. If you don't do this, you will end up having mental health issues because of your mental health event. Here are few things to keep in mind: Some meeting planners insist that speakers book a second incoming flight as a backup in case of flight delays or cancellations. Also, remember to ask each speaker how they would like to be introduced. Finally, take time to think through your room setups so that your audience can see and hear your speakers, and the rooms are accessible for people with disabilities.
And there's more: 7 Ways to Get More People to Your Mental Health Event...